Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday, September 4, 2010

FOR TODAY
Saturday, September 4, 2010



Outside my window...
Is a lovely garden with a beautiful round wooden table in the center.  We are in Arequipa, Peru staying at the bed and breakfast of a friend of a friend, whom we will meet in Lima, Peru. He works as a missionary. 
I am thinking...
About how much I love Peru.
I am thankful for...
That we are on this trip and tonight will be with my husband's family. They will meet our youngest for the very first time tonight!!!

From the learning rooms...
My children are working on travel journals as I type.  Earlier we went on a bus tour of the city.

From the kitchen...
We had lunch at a beautiful restaurant here in the city.  They had a playground for the kids which was great since we traveled the entire day yesterday. 

I am wearing...
jeans, a black T, and my patent leather Dansko shoes (that I bought for just over $1.00 at the second hand market in Santa Cruz - they are my favorite shoes right now)

I am creating...
children who like to journal as well as memories with the family

I am going...
to Lima tonight!

I am reading...
I decided to download Youngerhe Hunger Games Next Year for Women and and I am also reading What is the Gospel? which I downloaded free recently.

I am hoping...
that the redness on my face and chest will not be a horrible sunburn.

I am hearing...
My kids chatting

Around the house...
David and Ash are sleeping and the other two are drinking Inca Kola and journaling.

One of my favorite things...
Peruvian Food

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Our church in Lima tomorrow and then plans with family and friends. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
We drove past Lake Titicaca on our way yesterday.  It is one of the highest lakes in the world.
 
To read more daybooks, visit Peggy's blog.

2 comments:

allisamazing said...

Sounds amazing! Enjoy your time in Peru.
~Alana~

Berta said...

Wow, enjoy your week, and your family and I know they will be happy to "see" all of you finally.