Thursday, September 2, 2010

What book would you pick on the Kindle????

OK, so if your parents gave you a Kindle for your 40TH and you were leaving on a super, crazy long voyage across 2 countries in South America  dragging three kiddos along for the ride....

What book would you download on your Kindle?  You know, so you can periodically zone out.

What have you read lately that you couldn't put down OR you couldn't wait to tell someone else about...

I'm waiting and I don't have all day...  or all night, I should say, as we leave in the morning and of course, I am finishing my packing and not doing something like surfing the internet for books or blogging...

Which leads me to my other point, don't unfollow if you do not see me much the next two weeks... I'm on vacay... and my parents-in-law are meeting my littlest for the first time!  Hurray! 

I will try to be here, I really will. 

(Oh and don't worry about the "don't-post-about-being-gone" thing, we have someone staying at our house plus we have nothing to steal not even a TV, unless they want English books or clothes)

Later...

6 comments:

Cassandra said...

Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers. That is one of my all time favorite books!

Have a great vacation!!

Sippy Cup Mom said...

Just started reading Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I'm loving it!

Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith said...

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

Carrie said...

"The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Here's the link for the Kindle book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Guernsey-Literary-Potato-Society-ebook/dp/B0015DWJX2/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1283512653&sr=8-1

I heard about this book on a couple of blogs and finally decided to give it a try. WOW! I couldn't put it down! It has now been handed around to my two sisters and my mom - all of whom loved it (and we have quite different taste). PLEASE try this book! Very unique.

Amber said...

I agree with Redeeming Love if you haven't read it or A Long Way Gone:Memoirs of a Boy Soldier. The Road of Lost Innocence: True Story of a Cambodia..... by Somaly Mam is also a good one.

♥♥ Brat ♥♥ said...

I am currently reading Eat Pray Love.

I watched the movie and it caused me to do some much needed self-reflection so I just had to read the book