Tuesday, September 7, 2010

You Are Tagged

I was sort of tagged at Christ-Like Mommy, so I am answering her questions below. I thought this might be a quick, fun way to connect with you during my limited computer time.  I am here at my brother-in-law´s house in Lima, Peru waiting for everyone to be ready for pizza....

anyway, back to the questions....

-What was your high school mascot?
An eagle, isn´t that what every Christian school has?


-Pet Peeve? Please share!
my kids bugging each other (which never happens, I am just saying that it would be my pet peeve if they did - lol)

-What is your guilty pleasure?
reading magazines.. I like Shape, People, Rachel Ray...almost any magazine...

-What show are you anticipating coming back to TV this fall?
none, we do not have a TV... at least not right now...

-Where did you go on your last vacation?
We are on vacation now in Lima, Peru visiting family. 

-Where do you want to go on your next vacation?
Lima, Peru (I really enjoy coming here) or to the states to visit my family

-What motivated you to start blogging?
I like writing and did not have any of my hobbies here, like scrapbooking and stamping.  It has become my hobby. (That is how I started this blog.)
 
OK, I am copying Christ-Like Mommy and tagging you who are reading this..Just answer my questions on your blog and come back to comment so I can read your answers. 
 
Here are my questions:
 
Name a book you could read over and over and why.
What is your favorite part of the day?
What was your favorite subject in school?
What is a Bible verse that has meant a lot to you recently?
What advise would you give a new mom?
What was the last album you purchased?
What is one website that you like that others may not know about?
 
Hope you are having a good week!
 
This is linked at 30-Min blog challenge. and Christ-Like Mommy

3 comments:

Carrie said...

1) Books I read over and over: "The Westing Game", "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator", and "Murder on the Orient Express" - how's that for random? :-) Why? Sister gave me the first one, second one I just like, third one is probably my favorite Agatha Christie who happens to be one of my favorite authors.
2) Either early morning - right after the hubby has left for work and I have a fresh day and a hot cup of coffee, or the last few minutes of a day when I'm suggled in my bed.
3) History and Reading
4) The various money verses in Proverbs (22:27 - and in NLT)
5) Not being a mom myself, I can only pass on what my mom (with 5 kids) always says - love your kids, teach your kids about the Lord, and discipline them.
6) Diana Krall: Christmas
7) I'd have to do a plug for my own pet project: www.littlebrotherstories.com, but other than that, I would have to say http://littlegumnut.blogspot.com/

And now that I've answered all these here, I may just have to do a blog post about this - it was fun! :-) Enjoy your time with your inlaws - see what Wycliffe families your mother-in-law knows. Ask her if she knows the Demings or the Schmidts.

Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith said...

Sounds like fun, is it okay if I post it on my blog with a link back to yours?

Gwen Toliver said...

Eagle - ha! :) My Christian school had a Viking which seems very un-Christian like! :)