- God Planted Five Seeds - This is a missionary story that takes place in Bolivia in the 1940s. Five men who gave their lives to reach one remote people group. You can order a copy from New Tribes Bookstore for a good price. This is my go-to book right now.
- One Thousand Gifts - Yes, I am reading the book that everyone else is reading. I will be writing a review, but I am afraid that I may have banana peels thrown at me when I do as I am not doing the same cartwheels as everyone else seems to be. At least not so far...
- Missional Mom - This book reminds us how to keep our mission ever in front of us. I will be reviewing this book as well and giving 3 away, so be watching.
- and others....
A few reads for the future
- Bonhoeffer - I have read some good reviews on this one and would like to pick it up at some point. I wondered if this would be a good audio book for the family.
- Made to Crave - by Lysa TerKeurst
- The Last Safe House - We just finished this and it was well liked. We will go back and make a few of the projects now.
- The New Totally Awesome Money Book for Kids - We are reading this little by little and it has made for some good conversations.
- Two Miserable Presidents - So far an interesting take on the Civil War. We are not very far but it is written in a fun way with lots of illustrations.
- The Story of Thomas Alva Edison - We will be starting this next week, I think.
- Reaching and Teaching - About our call not only to go and reach people but also to teach them so that they have sound doctrine and training
- Hello, I Love You - A quick moving and enjoyable read about one couple's international adoption stories. I wrote a review Here
The format idea came from Snapshot blog plus you can read about other's nightstands at 5 Minutes for Books.